Dedicated to the devotional, exegetical and philosophical study of theological paradox in Conservative, Thoroughly Biblical, Historically Orthodox, Essentially Reformed theology . . . to the glory of God alone!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Prayer for the DeVidal's

THEOparadox advisor Chris DeVidal has been in the hospital with his 6 month old daughter this week. Please join us in praying for Chris and his family. Here is an encouraging note he sent this morning . . .

My daughter Shiloh had open heart surgery Thursday to repair an ASD and VSD. Interestingly, that was her six month birthday.

The delight was having immense peace almost the whole time (Phil 4:6-7). Not that I was promised a smiling outcome, in fact I told my Dad I got the impression it wasn't going to turn out well. Glad that impression was wrong, and glad for the presence of the Maker of the Universe and King of Kings during it all. My weakest moment was seeing her taken away, not sure if I'd see her alive again, but even that was helped knowing that "My flesh and my heart [and my little girl's heart] may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion
forever." (Psalm 73:26 ESV)

Staff has had a tough time keeping her still. She wants to fight! Nurse said, "goodness girl, you laugh at sedation!" and another nurse nicknamed her "wild child." Well, when you're six months old you just
don't understand :-)

This morning they will remove her breathing tube and possibly some other support. The critical issue for her now is infection, so please continue to pray that she will not contract any kind of virus or infection. 
 
There must have been (not exaggerating) three hundred (more people) praying for Shiloh. Blessed be God! The prayers of the saints are like sweet smelling incense to our Lord (Revelation 5:8). Thanks be to God for a great outcome, and for His presence during the difficulty.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, Derek. I've been trying to keep an eye on his Facebook updates. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be lifting you up in prayer. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to respond to anything written in the posts, or to the comments left by others. All comments are reviewed before they are published.

Please be charitable. If you disagree, do so with grace. Keep your words positive, focused, and on-topic. We don't expect everyone to agree, but we do expect everyone to treat everyone else with respect and grace, speaking the truth in love.

Thanks!
Mgmt.